Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

re: re: Why MP2 now?

Posted by ezyrider on 2002-08-21, 10:26:12
posting from ip address: 206.242.237.22
I just noticed this topic...I'm not sure what Steve means <br> about MP2 either...it still says MP3 when I download <br> them. <br> <br> The new MP4 format is not just a Mac OS X thing. It can <br> be listened to in OS 9 as well, provided you have <br> QuickTime 6 installed. It is an industry standard (or <br> trying to be) and will be on all computer platforms. MP4 <br> quality is as close to Audio CD quality as it gets and <br> maintain a small file size. It is fantastic! MP4 is for <br> audio and video. MPG4 videos are very small in file size <br> too and the quality is unmatched, plus they are <br> excellent for streaming. Even Sorenson Video can't <br> touch it and Sorenson rocks. <br> <br> QuickTime 6 is available for Windows as well. Although <br> I never use QuickTime to listen to MP3s. I'm sure as the <br> MP4 format catches on more and more MP3 players <br> will have an upgrade option so MP4 can also be <br> listened to.

Other Messages In This Thread
re: re: Why MP2 now? posted by: Eric
re: Why MP2 now? posted by: Steve

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page