Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

re: "Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that

Posted by Eric on 2002-08-26, 06:50:08
posting from ip address: 65.30.240.233
"and because of the internet, most are now in a world of hurt" <br> <br> I know the big record industry execs have been saying that <br> and even some of the top artists, but so far none of them <br> have been able to prove that the internet is the cause. <br> <br> Napster has been off the air for a long time now, but the <br> big record companies never saw a big jump in sales. Gee, <br> I wonder why? Could it possibly be that they charge $18 for <br> a pop CD with 35 minutes of music and 1 good song? <br> <br> I would even say the internet has been a blessing to many <br> small artists because it allows access to their music that <br> never would have happened in the 'old days'. <br> <br> Many of the artists heard on Starstreams have their own web <br> sites where you can purchase CDs directly from them, often <br> at a very reasonable price. <br>

Other Messages In This Thread
re: "Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that posted by: John Huling
re: "Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that posted by: will
re: "Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that posted by: aee
re: "Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that posted by: will
re: "Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that posted by: aee
"Because of the internet"? Not sure I agree with that posted by: will

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page