Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

re: re: Old computer...

Posted by ezyrider on 2002-09-13, 15:01:24
posting from ip address: 206.242.237.22
Please don't flame me for this but...man...am I glad to <br> be a Mac user (probably the only one on this forum <br> other than Forest). All the steps that are involved in <br> saving files listening to music, etc., etc. on the PC side <br> would drive me crazy. On Macs it's just one-click to <br> download the MP3, iTunes (Apple's MP3 app) <br> auto-launches and starts playing and then one-click to <br> burn a CD. And that software comes free, along with the <br> amazing iMovie and iDVD. Video editing is a snap. My <br> home movies look like professionally produced video <br> and I can pop it into my DVD player, it is awesome. I <br> bought an Apple iPod portable MP3 player that just <br> plugs in through Firewire to my G4 and syncs with <br> iTunes and auto-updates my MP3 playlists as I add <br> new tunes. Plus the iPod serves as a portable hard <br> drive for file transfer and it has an address book <br> function. <br> <br> Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-PC like some PC <br> users are violently anti-Mac, I design interactive projects <br> and applications for Macs, Windows and Linux. I am <br> very familiar with these 3 platforms. But for everyday <br> use and simple functionality I can't imagine working on <br> anything other than a Mac. Even though the RISC <br> processors in the Macs are half the speed of the CISC <br> processors in the Wintel world our benchmark tests <br> (done for fun at my company) show the Macs <br> outperforming the Wintel machines on most tests (not <br> all though). Yet we're still labeled as slower, no <br> software, yadda, yadda, yadda... <br> <br> And contrary to popular belief. There are more than <br> 15,000 applications for the Mac, even Micro$oft Office <br> (which has features its Windows counterpart doesn't). <br> 98% of the apps are good, useful apps too. Macs <br> network seamlessly with PCs (especially under OS X) <br> My doctor's office is all Mac, my company (The Integer <br> Group) is all Mac, Dallas City Hall is 30% Mac, a friend <br> that works as an engineer at NASA in Houston says <br> that they are 50% Mac now. Macs are in more places <br> than you would think. Since the OS went to UNIX (OS X) <br> I can't even get it to crash. They are really attracting the <br> scienctific community as well because of the <br> conversion to UNIX. <br> <br> I see PC stories like TKs all the time. I have to <br> troubleshoot Windows machines for my relatives <br> monthly. A couple of them I've conviced to get Macs and <br> I have to troubleshoot a problem about twice a year at <br> most. Yes Macs are more expensive, but they are <br> VERY well made, and you get what you pay for, great <br> hardware, great software, great intuitive operating <br> system. The lifespan is 5 years longer than any of the <br> PC's I've used. I have 5 Macs altogether and one of <br> them is 13 years old and working just fine. Speaking of <br> PCs I run Virtual PC on one of my Macs for testing <br> purposes. It runs Windows 2000 (my favorite flavor of <br> Windows). It can run Windows 95/98/2000/Me/XP and <br> even Red Hat Linux and Yellow Dog Linux if one is so <br> inclined. What other OS can do that? I know...I'm one of <br> those Mac zealot types...but my computing life is so <br> much easier because of it. It's just a tool that works for <br> me. <br> <br> OK I'm off my soapbox. Now everybody can <br> whisper...what a nut case loser ezyrider is...LOL

Other Messages In This Thread
re: re: Old computer... posted by: egg head
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Wolfman
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Wolfman
re: re: Old computer... posted by: ezyrider
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Techno Kid
re: re: Old computer... posted by: forest
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Gwen
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Eric
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Gwen
re: re: Old computer... posted by: forest
re: re: Old computer... posted by: Lazarus
re: Old computer... posted by: PurpleToe

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page