Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

re: Macintosh PC's

Posted by Wolfman on 2002-09-13, 17:45:41
posting from ip address: 64.157.32.1
The last time I had a Mac, it was a laptop some 6 years ago. Back in the day, yes, the lack of software was a very real issue. Enough so that I ended up giving up the machine to come back to the Intel chipset. I do agree that Macs easily outperform PC's in a good number of aspects. My biggest hangup has been the overall design of their packages. <br> <br> My biggest nig on them is the &quot;my way or no way&quot; means of selling. I don't have to go to IBM to buy a PC, depsite the fact that IBM was THE major player in the 8088 days. This is why PC's are less expensive. You have competition. This is also why software support was better then. More people bought PC's due to the lower costs, so the development went that way. Second, it is the machine itself. I don't want some funky fruit colored thing, with zero internal scalability, nor some square with maybe one or two internal slots. I don't like being forced to crowd my desk with corded attachments to build a custom PC. I do a good enough job of crowding my desk with my clutter. So long as Apple refuses to allow me as a customer to come in, and pick whatever parts I want, from whatever manufacturer, and then put it all INSIDE a case, so that the PC itself is out of my way as much as possible, they'll never get me into one of their machines. It IS unfortunate that they don't do this. I've lost track of the number of times that I've wanted to bash the computer to bits due to it fighting every single step of what is supposed to be a simple upgrade.

Other Messages In This Thread
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: egg head
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: ezyrider
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: Wolfman
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: ezyrider
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: Techno Kid
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: forest
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: Gwen
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: Eric
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: Gwen
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: forest
re: Macintosh PC's posted by: Lazarus
Macintosh PC's posted by: PurpleToe

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page