Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?!

Posted by A51D6 on 2002-09-23, 13:15:27
posting from ip address: 63.164.145.33
As usual, i seemed to have missed out on all the debate and discussion over the trials/tribulations of doin' the &quot;word of mouth&quot; thing on B1/2 of our beloved 'Streams, while the debate was still hot off the &quot;presses&quot;. But I had to comment on the following, offered up by the fair &amp; loverly Gweneth: <br> <br> &quot;Notice when advertisers *do* target adults in the 25+ age group, they're less likely to do it in such an aggressive manner.&quot; <br> <br> Ah, discrimination against the perceived &quot;maturity enhanced&quot;...it's a wench, huh? Because the truth of the matter is that the perceived middle age crowd (the 30-40 somethings) and the Baby Boomers actually constitute greater #s than the teens and early-20ish lemmings, or so i keep hearing/reading. Of course, conventional wisdom of the corporate media cartel figures it's much easier to brainwash the more impressionable youth than to go for the sure sell with a demographic with greater numbers and did we mention, Greater Discretionary Income per capita than the snot nosed punks? <br> <br> And speaking of &quot;yutes,&quot; let's not forget or ever underestimate the power of that eternal social phenemenon known as Peer Pressure. Which will pretty much guarantee that, in spite of our most assertive efforts, the epidermally overaccessorized (who I'm certain have no idea what &quot;epidermally overaccessorized&quot; means, as opposed to us Streamers!) just won't get it and will make no effort to. <br> <br> I.e. in the eyes, minds (such as they are) and hearts (what few remain) of the Society of Underaged Maxim Readers of America--oh did we also mention that corporate America not only skews very young, but also very Y-chromosome? Know that, even though only 4-5 years separates me from them, and despite my own not-so-occasional but relatively civilized preferences toward the fairer gender, this &quot;pseudo-elder&quot; (read: hovering around age 30 myself) straight male still feels sorely alienated; to paraphrase Homer Simpson, I feel like a Spalding Gray in a Tom Green world... <br> <br> Now where was i again...oh yeah, in the youth hivemind, if you prefer French electronica and Waveform releases over WWE-soundtrack-ready XTREME ALT ROCK!! and the complete Death Row Records label catalogue, then you are a Loo-Zer deserving of the scorn heaped upon your sorry posterior. End of shouting match. <br> <br> Okay, I'm done...that's enough vitriol for several months...

Other Messages In This Thread
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: aee
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: steve
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: A51D6
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: Techno Kid
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: Gwen
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by:
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: Wonka
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: mikey
My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: forest
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: P-Toe
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: Eric
re: My 2 Cents...er, Bucks?! posted by: forest

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page