Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

Question for Ron - Converting analog cassette to digital

Posted by Resonance on 2009-02-02, 07:32:00
posting from ip address: 136.182.2.25
Ron, <br> <br> I have begun the project of taking all my old Musical Starstreams tapes from the late 80s/early 90s and converting them to MP3 to keep them preserved and also so I can enjoy them in my car or on the PC. <br> I recall you are doing the same project and I''m asking what method are you using to do this? Currently I have the headphone jack of my stereo wired in to the LINE IN of my PC -- adapters are used of course. I am using Windows Movie Maker to do the actual recording and then editing of each track before its saved. <br> But when I listen, I notice that some of the higher notes are distorted which makes for a very unpleasant listening experience. What could be causing this? <br> I have experimented to the point where the volume is low enough on the stereo, the recording volume of the LINE IN is low enough, and the lower bands of the equalizer are brought as far negative as possible. I only have the two far-right equalizer bands left to bring down. I''m wondering if these need to be brought down as well to eliminate over-driving the audio and distorting the recording. <br> Do you have any suggestions? Would you care to share your technique?

Other Messages In This Thread
re: Question for Ron - Converting analog cassette to digital   posted by: Eric
re: Question for Ron - Converting analog cassette to digital   posted by: Trent
re: Question for Ron - Converting analog cassette to digital   posted by: Ron
re: Question for Ron - Converting analog cassette to digital   posted by: Resonance

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page