Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

I've really tried

Posted by ChiKungFu on 2010-01-25, 11:30:52
posting from ip address: 38.100.101.135
I was an avid listener back in the 80's and early 90's to the classic sounds of MSS. Unfortunatly, during the style transition of the program I was unable to listen, but recently, I did some searching and have given MMS another shot. I've tried and tried to listen to the newer direction of the program and I just can't get into it. It's not the same, not even similar actually, it's like a program playing rock music switching to country. Looking through many of the threads here, it''s obvious that a common topic is "searching for this song" and 9 out of 10 times, it''s a classic from the era of the past. Believe me, I understand that times changes and so do trends and styles, but I believe that the style of music of the past is currently still being produced and still in demand, so why the change? I would really like to love the current playlists, but I feel as if minimal beats and sounds don''t even come close to the amount of movement, energy and feeling of true new age artists like, Arkenstone, Kitaro, O''hearn, etc, etc. Like I said, I have given MMS a chance and have been listening. The classics that I talk about DO come around but very VERY few and far between. I also notice that many stations are not carrying MMS anymore. It has just come to me while writing this post, but could the reason be because the listeners of the past are gone? Again, as I read through these posts, it seems I wasn''t the only one glued to WNUA every Sunday night. Sorry to rant about this, I just wanted to throw it out there.

Other Messages In This Thread
re: I've really tried   posted by: timpre
re: I've really tried   posted by: forest
re: I've really tried   posted by: Resonance
re: I've really tried   posted by: Chuck
re: I've really tried   posted by: Eric
re: I've really tried   posted by: Chuck
re: I've really tried   posted by: Big George
re: I've really tried   posted by: forest

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page