Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

re: re: re: I've really tried

Posted by Resonance on 2010-01-26, 18:02:56
posting from ip address: 71.194.106.101
I'm too am a huge fan of classics from the 80s and 90s, but I would be seriously disappointed if Forest went all retro on us. And I must say that he does work classics into his shows -- I'm surprised no one has recognized this. As far as the change in format goes: really, I've witnessed 3 of them: There was a pre-ambient era in the early 90s with artists like Enigma, Orb, Om, etc. Then for about 10 years we had the classic-ambient movement (1AD, 2 AD, and so forth...) Now we have this amazing, new music like Capsula, Bluetech, Pitch Black, the list goes on. You can't say that the music doesn't embrace the sounds of the past. If you listen carefully, you will hear a heavy influence and spirit of the very root of this music. By the way, I was browsing You Tube the other day and stumbled on an old classic from Mars Lasar, "cellular city". I remember this being a real cool tune, so I clicked start and listened with my headphones. Sure, it brought back the old feelings, but it kind of sounds corny in the 21st century. I don't know... I still like it along with the other songs of that era. But we need the new stuff. The boundaries need to continue to be pushed.

Other Messages In This Thread
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: timpre
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: forest
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: Resonance
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: Chuck
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: Resonance
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: Eric
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: Chuck
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: Big George
re: re: re: I've really tried posted by: forest
re: re: I've really tried posted by: ChiKungFu

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page