Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

Old programs in MP3

Posted by Frank on 2012-03-18, 04:33:32
posting from ip address: 70.246.54.84
Waaaaaay Back in the Day (we're talking in the 1999 time-frame) one could download MS shows from a site called (I think) Audio Highway or something like that. In those days I had only 56k dial-up so downloading just one show would typically take me a few days as each part of the show would take at least 6 hours or so to download and that was assuming I didn't lose the connection part way through the download (which would regularly happen).

Nevertheless I acquired an ample library of old MS shows (#9105 thru #0050), burned them to CD and wisely stored them in a cool place out of the heat and sunlight and from other potential damaging effects.

In June 2000 I had to sell my computer to raise cash due to moving across the country. I stopped downloading shows of course and never bought a new PC until several years later.

Does anyone out there know how long those shows were continued to be posted and available for download before it became illegal to do so?

And the biggie here is (not sure what the legality of this would be) if anyone has shows from #0051 to whatever, would you be willing to do a trade with me?

I appreciate whatever information anyone can provide.

Other Messages In This Thread
re: Old programs in MP3   posted by: Eric
re: Old programs in MP3   posted by: Frank

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page