Welcome to Musical Starstreams!

Discussion Forum

home    faq    offers    about    listen    playlists    affiliates    host    forum    tipjar   

All those years ago

Posted by Purpletoe on 2013-03-25, 01:26:07
posting from ip address: 69.47.173.56
As a rabid, retentless and almost cult like follower of MS since first being informed of it's existence in April of 1987(!)to around 2005, I became the self-proclaimed "forum hog" from approximately late 2000 to 2003. What A blast that was! A beautiful diversion from sociopathic tendencies of most of the rest of the world. The fans were poppin' out all over the place and the conversations seemed neverending. I bought EVERY Waveform CD up to that point, and anylized them to death every chance I got. In the summer of 2002 my wife and I got the chance to meet Forest ( Whom I affectionately, or if you prefer, *annnoyingly* refered to as "Maestro" ) in person at a Jamba Juice in La Jolla, California and briefly visit. In 2005 some major shifts were accuring in my life and oppurtunities to listen to MS on all-but extinct terrestrial radio screatched to a hault. I tried listening on IO radio, but for some cruel reason It put a devestating virus on my old computer and I was far to wary to ever try it again. My thirst never went away, though. I would look at the playlists of shows past and try to find as many of the clips possible and put them on my Rhapsody playlist, which I still do to this day.

Not the same experience, but still find some excelent stuff!

Now it is 2013. New programs seem to contain repeats. All beloved forum members from that Golden Era are mute. Even Forest only makes a "once in an every-other blue moon" visit to the forum and the shows now are exclusively repeats. It appears somewhere in the last couple years Starstreams has made an unoffical and unceramonious bow to it's fans. The reasons for this I don't know and won't speculate on, but many obvious guesses come to mind.

After three decades, an end certainly seems reasonable, ennevitable even. It makes me sad, but I will forever and always be grateful for being provided thousands of hours of transcendentally rapturous musical experiences for at least two decades, in one format or another.

Whatever the reasons, I just pray that Forest will make an appearence on the forum one day to provide some sort of closure. Here's Hopein'! NAMESTE
Purple Toe

NOTE FROM FOREST: You spelled Namaste wrong. ;) The show is still around and being produced on a weekly basis. Yes music sets repeat but nothing is going away and no explanation is needed. As I've said before, as long as people and stations want it and I am able to produce it, it will be around. Radioio.com and my AMBIENT station there is still the best place to listen and you do NOT get viruses there.
Take care Ptoe and thanks for stopping in, Forest.

Other Messages In This Thread
re: All those years ago   posted by: Techno Kid
re: All those years ago   posted by: P-toe
re: All those years ago   posted by: P-toe
re: All those years ago   posted by: Trent
re: All those years ago   posted by: cbkelley
re: All those years ago   posted by: Eric
re: All those years ago   posted by: Mike
re: All those years ago   posted by: Trent
re: All those years ago   posted by: snowmancandle
re: All those years ago   posted by: snowmancandle
re: All those years ago   posted by: Donna
re: All those years ago   posted by: Donna
re: All those years ago   posted by: Chuck
re: All those years ago   posted by: Roy J
re: All those years ago   posted by: TranceMaN
re: All those years ago   posted by: TranceMaN
re: All those years ago   posted by: donna
re: All those years ago   posted by: forest
re: All those years ago   posted by: donna
re: All those years ago   posted by: Big George
re: All those years ago   posted by: Ron
re: All those years ago   posted by: Tas

Would you like to send a reply to this message?

If so, just fill out the form below

Your Name
Your Email Address (optional)

Message Title (KEEP THESE SHORT!)

Text Of Reply

Please preview your comments carefully, BEFORE you submit them and submit them only ONCE. If you want an answer by email, this will obviously require a valid email address. We reserve the right to edit comments for clarity, to delete duplicate comments, dated material, spam, flames and any comments that we consider to be inappropriate. Please be civil!

Return to Musical Starstreams Discussion Page